It’s time to start a homegrown food revival!
I believe that each and every person has a basic human right to have access to healthy, wholesome foods and to know how it was grown and processed.
I believe that learning how to care for our earth and our own bodies supports us mentally, emotionally, socially and physically.
Most of all, I believe that knowing how to grow our own food changes lives and that it has the power to transform entire communities. And now, more than ever, we need a revival of the home garden and sustainable living practices.
Who Am I?
I’m a homesteader, permaculturist and homegrown food fanatic! But I don’t just love the lifestyle – I live it every day!
Over the past half a decade, my wife (Lindy) and I created a micro-homestead in Idaho on less than an acre. We completely renovated the unloved and overgrown property, making the most out of every bit of space that we had, as well as renovating the home! And we learned a lot in the process! Here are just some of the highlights:
- Our 1-Acre Homestead Layout + FAQ
- How Much Food Can You Grow on Less Than an Acre?
- Our Idaho Homestead: Before & After
- How We Transformed Our Garden from Overgrown to Productive in Less than a Year!
In 2020, we packed up and moved to the beautiful Pacific Northwest where we are now creating the 2-acre permaculture homestead of our dreams!
We aren’t traditional homesteaders. Not even close. We are part of the new millennium of homesteaders, re-wilders, urban farmers and holistic hippies who are changing the way our culture views our relationship with nature.
And I’m dedicated to helping others do the same: to create the garden and homestead of their dreams!
No farm? No problem!
The best part of living this way is that it’s for everyone! We’ve done it all on less than an acre and you can too! You can start today – no electric car, green thumb or milk goat required! Anyone can learn to live a healthier, more natural lifestyle!
Not sure where to begin?
Over the years, I’ve met so many people who have the same desire to start gardening and homesteading. But it’s hard to do it alone! After years of my own trial and error, endless research and first-hand experiences, I knew that it was time for me to start helping other people create their own dream gardens!
Here’s how we can work together:
- This website is packed with tons of free information and resources! Browse away!
- Follow me on Instagram – I share lots on info (but, sorry, I don’t do the dancing thing! Your eyes would never recover!)
- Sign up for the Freebie Library which also gets you on the list for my emails! The emails will bring you new inspiration and tips each week. And the Freebie Library has lots of free printable resources, including the giant Homestead Management Binder which gets a facelift each year!
- I offer one-on-one coaching, both virtually and in person (in the South Sound/Puget Sound area of Washington). So whether you are just starting out or are ready to take it to the next level, coaching can help get you there!
- I also offer kitchen garden designs, guild designs and garden planting plans to take the guesswork out of creating your garden space!
Ready? Let’s get growing!
Thursday 23rd of March 2023
Hey. Super grateful I stumbled across this page. Planted a small garden last year and had huge success with some beginners luck. I'm planting in a big section of the backyard this year and this page has brought me up to speed with the basics of companion planting, permaculture and self-sufficient sustainability. Running out of time here again this year... How do I become a member so I can download the pdfs and stuff?
Sunday 5th of February 2023
I love your homestead binder - this is my 3rd year using it! Wondering if you might consider adding a pig 1st aid page? I'd love to make my first aid box extra cute!
Thursday 5th of January 2023
Hello! My name is Julia and I am writing to you in regards to your website rootedrevival.com. I want to buy it. Or if You have some other sites, share info about them so I can consider variations. Please write if my proposal interests you [email protected] Thanks. Kind regards, Julia Ortiz
Wednesday 10th of August 2022
thank you so much for sharing as you do. I'm grateful for your giving in many levels. you're my go to in learning homestead life style.....many thanks!
Wednesday 10th of August 2022
I am so happy to hear that! I love sharing and always hope that it helps someone out there somewhere! So glad to hear that it does! :)