The Homestead Management Binder is back with 50 pages of lists, logs, trackers, and more! Plus, you can now print your own or order a pre-printed version!
Here we go again! The 2023 Homestead Management Binder is back with a new theme: The Happiest Hive!
In addition to the new theme, there’s another big change this year! It’s something that’s been endlessly requested over the years:
That’s right, folks! It’s finally happening! A printed version of the Homestead Management Binder is now available!
Or, you can grab your free version of the Binder and print it at home, if you prefer! I’ll have all the details below so you can compare the options and make the best choice for your homestead!
But, before we jump into that, let’s address a few important things:
First off, hello!
If you’re new here, welcome! I’m Kaylee. I started this blog and created the Homestead Management Binder back in 2016 as a way to organize and share my own homestead life. Over the years, it’s grown exponentially which is something I’m eternally grateful to all of you for!
And, that’s exactly why I keep creating and bettering the Homestead Management Binder each year! It’s my way of giving back and thanking all of you for your support of this blog and for allowing me to share a glimpse of my life with you.
Both the Homestead Management Binder and this blog are my passion projects. It’s my way of sharing and inspiring others to make their own homestead dreams come true. And, honestly, it’s my purest privilege to be able to help anyone achieve a dream that important – even in the smallest of ways!
Love the binder? Here are some ways you can help support it!
This blog is completely supported by amazing readers like you! So if you are enjoying the blog and the Homestead Management Binder, there are some completely free ways that you can help support it:
- Share it! If you see something you love on here, please tell people about it by sharing IRL or on Facebook/Insta/Pinterest/whatever-fancy-new-social-media-thingy-people-use-now.
- You can follow me on Pinterest and pin this post or any other post from this blog!
- Or, Follow me on Instagram (it’s where I share the most!). And don’t forget to tag me @rootedrevivalhomestead if you share pics of your binder! I love to see them!
- Subscribe to emails. Make sure you are getting my emails and they aren’t ending up in your junk folder. It’s the best way to stay up to date and get good info and freebies!
- Stick around and read some posts! A large portion of this blog is supported through ad revenue. So, looking at different pages on this website actually helps fund projects like the Homestead Management Binder!
I know that ads can be annoying, but it’s truly the best way that I can offset the time and expenses required to operate a site like this. I like to look at it this way: we can either pay writers/bloggers directly for the information they share…. or, we can let large corporations do it and enjoy the content for free! I vote we let the big companies pay for it! 😉
Now, on to the main event…
The 2023 Homestead Management Binder
You now with option to download and print your own binder or order a pre-printed & bound version! Here are all the details you need to decide which option is best for you!
“Print Your Own” Homestead Management Binder:
The Homestead Management Binder is back for its 7th edition. As always, it is still completely free to download in its entirety from the Freebie Library (see full instructions below).
In the Freebie Library, you can download the entire binder or just the sections you want. There is also a file that is pre-formatted for back and front printing if you prefer. You can print your pages at home or take them to a professional printer (like Kinkos).
This is the best option for anyone who wants to create a truly personalized binder. You can print just the pages you want/need and organize them to best suite you!
How to Download the “Print Your Own” Homestead Management Binder
Click over to the Freebies Page
For returning users:
- Click “Log In” and enter your username and password. (You can also reset your password if you have forgotten it.)
OR, if you are a new user:
- Click “Join Us” to set up your new username and password if you are a new user.
- Enter the required fields and hit the “Register” button
- You will receive an email confirming your registration. Check your spam folder if you don’t see it! It is sent from k[email protected]. Click the link in the email to confirm.
- You will be redirected to the sign in page where you can enter your username and password.
Be sure to keep your username and password handy for the next time you sign in!
Pre-Printed Homestead Management Binder
After years of reader requests, I have finally created a pre-printed and bound version of the Homestead Management Binder! This version will be available to purchase until the end of summer (at least, that’s my plan for now.)
Why I finally gave in: printing expenses have increased and fewer people have printers in their homes. This year, when I went to print my copy of the binder at Office Depot, I was shocked at how much it cost! It was over $30 to print one single-sided copy of each page in color! The back and front file would have been closer to $55! Yikes!
In order to keep production costs lower, the Homestead Management Binder is a print-on-demand product. That means that the minute you place your order, production will begin. The binder will be printed, bound and shipped to you directly from the printer. Because of this, it takes a little longer to create and ship each product. However, after multiple shipping tests, I found that I received my orders relatively quickly and before the estimated date.
Please understand that this is a trial. If there is a good response to the printed version of the binder, it will probably be available in future years as well. As always, constructive feedback is more than welcome and you can email me at [email protected].
What’s included in the Pre-Printed 2023 Homestead Management Binder?
I’ve done my best to adapt the traditional Homestead Management Binder to make it as useful as possible for a wide range of people. Because of this, you may notice slight differences in the style and content of some of the pages compared to the print-at-home version. You can find a full list of what’s included below.
- Glossy laminated front and back cover
- Spiral binding allows the book to lay flat or be bent back for easier writing
- 8.5 x 11 inches to allow plenty of room for writing
- 117 full color pages
The printed Homestead Management Binder includes 6 sections with the following pages:
- Monthly Progress Report
- Monthly Project Lists
- Downtime Project List (3 pages)
- Customer Contact List (2 pages)
- Homestead Resource List (2 pages)
- Kitchen Measurement Cheat Sheet
- Food Preservation Log (2 pages)
- Freezer Inventory (2 pages)
- Pantry Inventory (2 pages)
- Canned Goods Inventory (2 pages)
- Long-Term Food Storage Inventory (2 pages)
- Herbs & Herbal Product Inventory (2 pages)
- Garden Design Graph Pages (3 pages)
- Planting Tracker (4 pages)
- Seed Inventory (4 pages)
- Harvest Log (4 pages)
- Garden Journal (8 pages)
- Egg Collection Log
- Animal Acquisitions Log (2 pages)
- Animal Sales & Losses Log (2 pages)
- Milk Production Log (3 pages)
- Meat Animal Record (3 pages)
- Medical Supply Inventory (2 pages)
- Garden Expenses (3 pages)
- Animal & Feed Expenses (6 pages)
- Equipment Expenses (2 pages)
- Infrastructure Expenses (2 pages)
- Repair & Maintenance Expenses (2 pages)
- Business Input Expenses (2 pages)
- Miscellaneous Expenses (4 pages)
- Garden & Produce Income (4 pages)
- Animal Income (3 pages)
- Handmade Item Income (4 pages)
- Homestead Services Income (4 pages)
- Miscellaneous Income (2 pages)
- Annual Financial Overview
Note: the Grocery Shopping List, Garden Chore Checklist and Animal Health Record are not included in the pre-printed version. It just didn’t make sense to have them in a bound book. However, you can still download them and print as many copies as you need by visiting the Freebie Library!
I hope you enjoy this year’s 2023 Homestead Management Binder as much as I do! May the year bring health and happiness to you, your family and your homestead!
Have questions about the Homestead Management Binder or suggestions for future versions? Email me: [email protected]
Saturday 11th of March 2023
Couldn't do the freebie due to wouldn't except my email
Sunday 12th of February 2023
I appreciate your binder tremendously. I found it at the beginning of this year. Do you have a notes page you could include or share? I tend to make notes on all the animals by date and would love a page to match the bee theme.