The 2022 Homestead Management Binder is your free printable resource to keep everything in your homestead and garden life organized! Grab your copy today!
Well, here we go again! We’ve made it through another year which means that it’s time for the release of the new 2022 Homestead Management Binder! The theme this year is one of my favorites: Barnyards & Blossoms!
But, first, let get the introductions out of the way in case you are new around here.
So, hello there friend!
I’m Kaylee, the creator behind Rooted Revival. I’m a garden coach, permaculture designer and homesteader. I’ve been homesteading for almost a decade. My wife and I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest after relocating in 2020 from the high desert of Idaho.
My goal is to start a homegrown food revival by helping people learn how to grow their own food!
I offer one-on-one garden coaching, custom kitchen garden designs, edible landscapes designs and more! Plus, I share tons of information on this blog to help you create your dream garden and homestead!
What is the Homestead Management Binder?
I created my very first edition of the Homestead Management Binder in 2016! Since then, it’s gained a huge following and I am so grateful for everyone who has shared and loved the Binder over the years!
But if you are new, here’s the deal with it: the Homestead Management Binder is almost 50 pages of worksheets, tracking pages and more! It will help you keep everything in your homestead life just a little more organized!
And, as always, it’s still free! Yes, 100% free – you just need to sign up to grab your copy! It’s honestly my way of giving back to this amazing community of homesteaders and gardeners that constantly inspire me to be better each day.
Both the Homestead Management Binder and this blog are my passion projects. It’s my way of sharing and inspiring others to make their homestead dreams come true. And, honestly, it’s my purest privilege to be able to help anyone achieve a dream that important!
If you enjoy the binder or this blog, please consider supporting me in one or more of the following ways:
- Share, share, share! If you see something you love on here, please tell people about it by sharing IRL or on Facebook/Insta/Pinterest/whatever-fancy-new-social-media-thingy-people-use-now. You can also follow me on Pinterest and pin this post (or any other post from this blog!)
- Follow me on Instagram (it’s where I share the most!). And don’t forget to tag me @rootedrevivalhomestead if you share pics of your binder! I love to see them!
- New this year, we are starting a YouTube channel where we will be sharing new videos each week to give you a behind the scenes look at our homestead!
- Stick around and check out some of my other posts!
- Make sure you are getting my emails and they aren’t ending up in your junk folder. It’s the best way to stay up to date and get good info and freebies!
And, in case you haven’t realized it yet, organization and planning is kind of my thing! So I’ve also created the Rooted Life Daily Planner! It’s a daily planner that is specifically designed with the gardener and homesteader in mind! It’s the perfect companion to the Homestead Management Binder, so be sure to check it out!
What’s Included in the 2022 Homestead Management Binder?
So, what’s included in the 2022 Homestead Management Binder, you ask? How handy that I happened to include a list here for you!
- Homestead Management Pages:
- Monthly Progress Report
- Monthly Project Lists
- Downtime Project List
- Customer Contact List
- Homestead Resource List
- Kitchen Management Pages:Kitchen Cheat Sheet
- Kitchen Measurement Cheat Sheet
- Food Preservation Log
- Freezer Inventory
- Pantry Inventory
- Canned Goods Inventory
- Long-Term Food Storage Inventory
- Herbs & Herbal Product Inventory
- Grocery Shopping Checklist
- Garden Management Pages:
- Garden Design
- Planting Tracker
- Seed Inventory
- Garden Chore List
- Garden Journal
- Animal Management Pages:
- Egg Collection Log
- Animal Acquisitions Log
- Animal Sales & Losses Log
- Milk Production Log
- Meat Animal Record
- Medical Supply Inventory
- Animal Health Record
- Financial Management Pages:
- Expense Pages:
- Garden Expenses
- Animal & Feed Expenses
- Equipment Expenses
- Infrastructure Expenses
- Repair & Maintenance Expenses
- Business Input Expenses
- Miscellaneous Expenses
- Income Pages:
- Garden & Produce Income
- Animal Income
- Handmade Item Income
- Homestead Services Income
- Miscellaneous Income
- Expense Pages:
- Annual Financial Overview
- Back Cover
Printing & Organization Tips
Now that we’ve talked all about what the Homestead Management Binder is, it’s time to let the fun begin! Print it out, grab your binder and office supplies, and let’s make your very own personalized Homestead Management Binder!
The best part of the binder is that you can truly customize it to fit your life and your homestead! You binder might look very different from mine and that’s exactly how it should be! In fact, that’s why I offer the binder as a print-at-home binder rather than offering a pre-printed option. It’s just easier to customize it when you can print out exactly the pages you want and need!
- In the Freebie Library, you can choose to download the entire binder or each of the sections individually. There is also an option to download the entire binder pre-formatted for double-sided printing.
- If you aren’t using the file that is pre-fromatted for double-sided printing, I would recommend that you print the title pages for each of the sections single-sided. I do this so that I can slip the title pages into a sheet protector with a stickie tab on it so that they acts as divider pages. This makes it super easy to flip right to the section I need! I also print the animal health record double sided since it is designed to be printed front and back.
- For some pages, like the expense and income pages, you might want to print enough to have one page per month to easily organize your expenses/income. Or you can combine multiple months onto one page and just tally each month as you go. This is usually what I do so that I don’t have to print new pages as often.
- You can print your pages at home, or take them to an office supply store (like Staples) or a printing store (like Kinkos) to have them printed. I submit the file online to Office Depot for printing. They get it all printed and all I have to do is go into the store and pick it up when it’s ready!
Creating your binder:
- You can hole punch your pages so that they fit in a 3-ring binder. You can split each section into an individual binder or keep everything together in one binder. I personally have a separate binder for my animal record and my garden records, so I include each of the corresponding management pages in those binders.
- Instead of keeping everything in a binder, you may want to keep certain pages (like the kitchen logs) handy on a clipboard. I like to keep a few of the mine (like the freezer and preservation logs) downstairs near our freezers and cabinets of home-canned foods.
- To create your binder(s), slip the front cover page and the back cover page into the clear protector on the binder to make it look official! Or, you can really get fancy and take it to a print and copy store to have your pages spiral bound once you have them in the layout you prefer.
- Get creative! Add sticky tabs to separate the different sections, include envelopes and page protectors to hold receipts, add daily planner pages, keep sticky notes handy by sticking a stack of them inside the binder cover, etc. The important thing is to make your binder work for you!
How to Download the Homestead Management Binder
The Homestead Management Binder is always available in the Freebies Library, along with a bunch of other great free resources!
*Note: The Freebie Library recently got a facelift! You now get to set your own username and password instead of using the pre-determined one. If you’ve accessed the Freebie Library in the past, but haven’t set up a custom password yet, please use the following steps to do so. Or, if you are new to the Freebie Library, you will also follow the steps below. And finally, if you have recently set up your profile, then you can just sign on in!
- Click over to the Freebies Page
- Click “Join Us” to set up your new username and password.
- Enter the required fields and hit the “Register” button
- You will receive an email confirming your registration. Check your spam folder if you don’t see it! It is sent from k[email protected]. Click the link in the email to confirm.
- You will be redirected to the sign in page where you can enter your username and password.
- Be sure to keep your username and password handy for the next time you sign in!
If you love the Homestead Management Binder, help me spread the word!
Share it on Pinterest, Facebook or anywhere else!
Saturday 25th of December 2021
This is the binder I look forward to every year! Thank you for taking time to create and improve it.
Monday 27th of December 2021
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoy it so much! Have a great 2022!
Nicole N Airaga
Thursday 18th of November 2021
Hi Kaylee, I cant seem to see a download option for the Free Homestead Planner or any of the other pages? Please help.
Thursday 18th of November 2021
Hi Nicole! In the Freebie Library, you can click on the picture of the printable you want. It will open up in a new window (make sure your pop up blocker isn't preventing it). You can then download or save it. If you need more specific help, feel free to email me at [email protected] :)
Monday 15th of November 2021
Thank you so much for this! I’ve been looking for something to help me get organized so I can cut down on how often I get overwhelmed. This planner is amazing! All I will need to add is a daily chore chart so I can make sure I get everything done. I really appreciate your time and effort that went into this printable and thank you so much for offering it for free! I followed you on Pinterest for more encouragement in this homesteading endeavor.
Wednesday 17th of November 2021
Thank you so much for your comment! I'm thrilled to hear that you like the binder and I hope that it helps make your homestead journey a little easier!